What Do I Need?
To help speed up a loan requiring standard processing, here is a list of the information you should collect and have ready when you apply for your loan. Original documentation, when available, is preferred. The Lender should make a certified copy for their file and return the original document(s) to you promptly.
Hourly or Salaried Employment
- Original W-2s for the past two years
- Original paycheck stubs covering most recent 30 days
Please ask Lender to mail, email or fax you a Self-Employed Documentation Checklist
Original Social Security Award Letter or Pension Award Letter
Other Income: If you would like the lender to consider income from child support, alimony, or separate maintenance, the following will be required:
- A 1-year history of receipt with 3 years remaining on the agreement
- A copy of fully executed divorce decree, if applicable
- Evidence of 1 full year receipt of payments
Assets: To verify evidence of sufficient funds for closing, the following will be required:
- Two most recent original statements (all pages) for all checking, savings, or other asset accounts (If applying for a VA loan, provide 3 months original statements.)
- If receiving a gift from a family member, please ask Lender to mail, email or fax a gift letter form to be completed and signed by the donor.
Obligations: To verify financial obligations (debts) other than consumer credit accounts
Provide copy of the fully executed Divorce Decree indicating amount of child support, alimony, or separate maintenance payments, if applicable.
Provide copy of fully executed Purchase Contract, signed by real estate agent(s) and owner(s)
Additional documents required for a VA loan:
- A copy the veteran’s DD-214
- Original Certificate of Eligibility
- If active duty, Statement of Service letter, and DD Form 1747 from the Housing Office
Additional documents required for a FHA loan:
- Proof of social security number for each applicant (A copy of your social security card or your computer generated paycheck stub is acceptable proof.)
Additional documents may be required as your loan is processed